Road-Kill Monster Bucks

It is that time of year, when the bucks start running, that some giants are killed by cars. Sad they had to go that way, and sad for the guys who were hunting them. Disclaimer: Pictures like this travel fast on the Web and the stories can get twisted around, so the locations may or may not be accurate.

The double-drop dream buck above was supposedly hit on the Baltimore Beltway on Oct. 22, 2012.

I got 2 emails about this massive buck. One said it was hit near South Hill, VA and the other said it was in Pennsylvania.

Comments
David in NC's Gravatar I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that second deer isn't from South Hill, VA....
# Posted By David in NC | 10/30/12 10:34 AM
Matt's Gravatar Wow. That bottom buck is the dream! Goodness. I know everyone likes the top because of the drops, but the mass on the bottom is just gorgeous.
# Posted By Matt | 10/30/12 11:23 AM
BJ's Gravatar I agree with Matt - mass really makes a rack stand out. Hey Mike - how much snow do you have on the ground now?
# Posted By BJ | 10/30/12 12:00 PM
hanback's Gravatar just missed the snow to our west, LOTS of rain though
# Posted By hanback | 10/30/12 12:26 PM
Greg Brownlee's Gravatar Hate to see this. About 8 years ago I was leaving a friends house after dark and a giant ran in front of my truck in the middle of a neighborhood in South Tulsa chasing a doe. I missed him by about 5 feet. 2 days later his dad called and said the buck got hit. I have photos of him somewhere, he was in the 160's frame wise as a 10 with 5 or 6 stickers. Living in a 10 acre green belt!
# Posted By Greg Brownlee | 10/30/12 12:45 PM
Jon - WI/MN's Gravatar I had got an text about that 2nd buck and was told it was hit in MN. Ha ha ha ha how stories fly!
# Posted By Jon - WI/MN | 10/30/12 1:14 PM
Hunter,Nc's Gravatar Highly doubt the second deer is from Virgina.. I would never tell a soul how i killed him if i hit him with my truck ha ha.. top deer is a stud too. i feel bad for the guy who had trail cam pictures of them
# Posted By Hunter,Nc | 10/30/12 8:26 PM
# Posted By Hunter,Nc | 10/30/12 8:27 PM
Cody's Gravatar And I would also believe that top buck was killed around Baltimore. I worked from DC up to PA and all over central and eastern MD for about 7 months this year. I saw more big bucks in velvet there than I've ever seen down here, I mean absolute giants. Nothing as NT as this but we all know big bucks grow in small areas, very possible
# Posted By Cody | 10/30/12 11:05 PM
Slayer's Gravatar I live in south hill and haven't heard about that buck. So I HIGHLY doubt it was killed here.
# Posted By Slayer | 11/7/12 11:35 PM
pat rankin's Gravatar No, That buck was hit by a car 1 minute away from my house in elizabeth Pa
# Posted By pat rankin | 3/21/13 1:40 AM