DOG BONE Shed Retrieving System

Many hunters want a shed dog, but the big question is how do you train one? Got this press release and thought it was interesting:

The Dog Bone System includes a shed antler retrieving dummy that's made from the same soft, familiar material as other retrieving dummies…(kit includes) antler scent, which you apply to the dummy once the dog is conditioned to the antler shape…using a real shed antler for training can backfire. A hard, heavy and pointy shed can cause a bad experience and result in a shed-shy dog.

Dog Bone was designed by dog trainer/shed antler hunter, Jeremy Moore, who also developed a three step training process for teaching dogs to find sheds. Once you condition for antler shape and introduce scent, the third step is to apply the antler scent, which is made from actual pulverized antler, to a real shed antler.

Moore's three-step process is far less likely to result in a shed-shy dog and far more likely to result in a shed-finding machine.

Dog Bone kit (dummy, scent and manual) runs $34.99 at mooreoutdoors.netAnd if you're interested in getting a shed-hunting pup, Jeremy can also hook you up with some kennels/breeders.

Comments
Flatlander's Gravatar what a great idea.....if i were to get another dog, it would be for shed hunting
# Posted By Flatlander | 2/15/11 10:27 AM
David in NC's Gravatar Sounds good. I wasn't aware that there was a problem with "antler-shy" dogs. I have read a couple of articles on shed dog training, and trainers usually recommend using a rubber dog toy of some kind and inserting a piece of real shed antler.

Forum member outdrdave has considerable experience with this.
# Posted By David in NC | 2/15/11 10:40 AM
CoonNeck's Gravatar Now that's cool! More fun before turkey season! ;)
# Posted By CoonNeck | 2/15/11 11:11 AM
Curt's Gravatar I wonder if I could use it successfully on my 4 y/o golden retriever?
# Posted By Curt | 2/15/11 6:25 PM
Eli Brown's Gravatar I saw this product last month at the ATA show in Indy. Looks pretty cool.
# Posted By Eli Brown | 2/15/11 11:22 PM
burberry uk's Gravatar Buy Burberry online, an internationally recognized brand of Burberry London and fragrances for men & women.The Burberry factory outlet store in Hackney London offers discounts of up to one...Burberry Factory Store 29-53 Chatham place.Welcome to our Burberry factory outlet sale burberry handbags online shop! We provide hundreds styles of Burberry bags, fashion and durable.burberry outlet london|burberry sale |burberry uk |cheap burberry |burberry outlet uk.
# Posted By burberry uk | 7/25/11 5:32 AM
burberry trench coat's Gravatar I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! The result is a gorgeous collection of Pandora jewellery uk that you can coordinate with each other and with all of your other pieces.
# Posted By burberry trench coat | 7/25/11 5:34 AM
642-533's Gravatar good
# Posted By 642-533 | 7/25/11 5:36 AM
Netzwelt's Gravatar Great Job! Keep up the good work!!!
# Posted By Netzwelt | 8/11/11 7:32 AM
Kartenlegen's Gravatar Thank for thease great information.
# Posted By Kartenlegen | 9/27/11 7:02 AM
christian louboutin's Gravatar Welcome To Christian Louboutin Store! Happy Shopping Online!!
# Posted By christian louboutin | 11/10/11 3:53 AM
Tiffany and Co Outlet's Gravatar I like it here, I like here each place landscape, as described in the blog. I believe that but you see you will like it. Enjoy every moment here.
# Posted By Tiffany and Co Outlet | 12/7/11 9:22 PM
Coach Outlet's Gravatar Open for the secret of articles on the computer, Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!
# Posted By Coach Outlet | 12/8/11 10:30 PM
Coach Factory Outlet's Gravatar Thank you for your article, from your article I get a lot of meaningful information, the information for my paper is very helpful. Not only that, your article also rich in my life did not understand the student's knowledge. Thank you very much for sharing.
# Posted By Coach Factory Outlet | 12/19/11 5:28 AM