More Velvet Road Kill: Bear Eats Buck!

Hi Mike: After seeing the trophy VA road kill you posted earlier today, thought you might like to see one that didn’t totally go to waste, at least it fed the bear… Chad

This photo and a string of others (sad and gory, the bear ate the injured buck alive) purportedly came from Warren Co., PA. Man, some Mid-Atlantic velvet giants were unceremoniously whacked by cars the last few days. Damn shame.

This pic makes me wonder how many deer black bears eat? Probably a fair number of fawns. This doesn’t look like a large bear, but he’s sure chowing down like he knows what he’s doing. comment

Comments
Jon - WI's Gravatar Just got my first bear on my deer trail camera. I do wonder how many deer they eat!
# Posted By Jon - WI | 8/24/10 9:02 PM
Buddy in South Central Va's Gravatar I have seen 2 bear and countless deer that have been hit this year. I even had to stop in downtown Richmond to allow the deer to cross the road. They have adapted quite well in the urban and city areas of Va. I expect to see plenty more in the next few months especially when the rut kick in. At least some use came of this buck before it ends up in a landfill. Well we know this bear ate 1.
# Posted By Buddy in South Central Va | 8/24/10 9:48 PM
Buckwheat's Gravatar Car / deer accidents claim more whitetails than us hunters do, we should have a bounty on chrysler mini vans!!!!!
# Posted By Buckwheat | 8/24/10 11:13 PM
Rick from PA's Gravatar WOW! Warren County, PA!! That's about 2.5 hrs from where I live. It's not a monster by any means but for PA that is a pretty nice buck. I've never seen a buck like that in the PA woods that I hunt in. haha The antler restrictions are starting to pay off in PA as each year bigger and bigger bucks continue to fall. Hopefully this year will be the year i finally get the opportunity at an above average deer in PA. It sucks that this boy had to be left for the bears lunchtime snack.
# Posted By Rick from PA | 8/25/10 12:51 AM
Silverback's Gravatar Over the past few seasons in NJ our bear population is exploding. (however there is a 2010 bear hunt coming). I have witnessed THREE time bear taking deer shot by hunters. Actually following the blood trail and seeing drag marks (saying, some other hunter took my deer), only to keep following and find a black bear defending is new dinner.
# Posted By Silverback | 8/25/10 11:35 AM
Dean Weimer's Gravatar That's a nice buck anywhere. Too bad his legs were broken. The poor old boy didn't have a chance. At least the venison didn't go to waste.
# Posted By Dean Weimer | 8/25/10 1:22 PM
air max 90's Gravatar Wow ! the picture looks two man want to kill opponents in war!
# Posted By air max 90 | 8/26/10 1:59 AM
Lori's Gravatar I just looked at the other several pictures posted and how sad but at least the meat did not go to waste. Bears have to eat too. Do bears eat venison often??? He definitely looks as though he does this before.
# Posted By Lori | 8/27/10 9:48 PM
bupop's Gravatar The poor old boy didn't have a chance. At least the venison didn't go to waste.
# Posted By bupop | 5/24/11 11:54 PM
Titanium Watches's Gravatar we should have a bounty on chrysler mini vans
# Posted By Titanium Watches | 5/24/11 11:55 PM
now's Gravatar Look awesome! I am defiantly going to check this out. Thanks for the post.
# Posted By now | 12/4/12 2:07 AM